GABP was founded more than 20 years ago in an environment of planning chaos in Grey County, but our world has changed (on the main for the better) and GABP needs to consider whether it should change with it. Some of the key findings from the research that are underpinning GABP's new strategic planning exercise are:
- more than half of respondents feel they don't have sufficient knowledge about provincial, county or municipal regulations governing land use;
- more than 60% feel there is a need to become familiar with these regulations;
- more than 90% feel there continues to be a need for an organization such as GABP to advocate for better, or new, land use policies and practices in our county;
- some 46% feel that GABP should become more activist;
- more than 75% cited one or more planning issues of concern with rural industrialization and the environment at the top of the list.